Inulin - 8 oz
Prebiotic Intestinal Support 100% Pure & Natural Stimulates Friendly Bacteria Very Low Glycemic Index Vegetarian Product NOW®'s Inulin is a fructooligosaccharide derived from Chicory Root. As a prebiotic, Inulin stimulates the growth of friendly and healthy intestinal bacteria which supports good colon health. Since it also has a very low glycemic index, it is suitable for many people who are on restricted diets. Add it to your favorite beverage or food. Its taste is comparable to sugar and can be used as a sugar replacer.
- Probiotic Intestinal Support
- Nourishes Friendly Bacteria
- Very Low Glycemic Index
Suggested use: Take 1 level teaspoon 1 to 3 times daily. Mix into your favorite beverage or food. Begin with 1 teaspoon a day and slowly increase dosage to limit GI discomfort
|Serving Size:||1 Level Teaspoon (2.8g)|
|Servings Per Container:||81|
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
|Total Carbohydrate||2.7 g||1%*|
|Dietary Fiber||2.5 g||10%*|
|Organic Inulin (FOS)||2.8 g||†|
Contains no: salt, starch, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, milk, egg, shellfish or preservatives. Vegetarian/Vegan Product.
Caution: Do Not Eat Freshness Packet Enclosed.
This product is sold by weight not volume.
Distributed or manufactured from NOW Foods. See more NOW Foods products.
*Not intended to diagnose or treat diseases or ailments, and is not reviewed by the FDA.Uses & Indications.
- Helps Maintain Intestinal Health
- Supports Colon Health
- Promotes Healthy Lipid Metabolism
- GI Discomfort
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
Compare to these:
Questions and answers:
Question: Is inulin powder safe to use at 31 weeks of pregnancy
- A: Though I do not see any direct warnings, it is always best to consult with your physician when adding new supplements to your routine when you are pregnant or nursing.