Biotin 1000 mcg - 100 Caps
Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin necessary for normal growth and body function. Biotin is a key regulatory element in gluconeogenisis, fatty acid synthesis, and in the metabolism of some amino acids. Alongside its role in energy production, Biotin enhances the synthesis of certain proteins. In addition, Biotin promotes normal immunity and plays a critical role in skin health.
Biotin deficiency is difficult to detect in a simple blood testing. More often it is symptomatic and will result in loss of hair, thinning, split ends, dry brittle nails and loss of hair color. Biotin plays a vital role in hair and skin health with many additional benefits including, turning the food you eat into energy production, boosting metabolism and healthy blood sugar levels.
According to the American Pregnancy Association it is very common for women to experience hair loss during pregnancy and lactation. A daily supplement of biotin may be just what you need to boost biotin levels back to a healthy level.
Biotin 1000 mcg - 100 Caps
|Biotin||1 mg (1,000 mcg)||333%|
|Vitamin C (acorbyl palmitate) 4 mg|
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule 1 or more times daily, preferably with meals.
Free of: sugar, salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, milk, egg or preservatives.
Other Ingredients: Rice Flour, Gelatin (capsule), Magnesium Stearate and Silica.
Disclaimers: *This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Distributed or manufactured from NOW Foods. See more NOW Foods products.
*Not intended to diagnose or treat diseases or ailments, and is not reviewed by the FDA.Uses & Indications.
- Support Amino Acid Metabolism
- Increase Hair Growth
- Energy Production
- Supporting Healthy Skin And Nails
- Skin Conditions
- Hair Disorders
- Dry Brittle Hair
- Thinning Hair
- Brittle Nails
Compare to these:
Questions and answers:
Question: Is it bad for a person with HiGH BP or high colestrol and weak heart ?
- This questions has not been answered yet. Be the first one!
Question: Will taking Biotin increase hair growth?
- A: Thank you for your interest in Now Foods Biotin 1000 mcg capsules. You may also hear Biotin called, B-complex or vitamin H. It is difficult in standard blood testing to determine a biotin deficiency. This condition is usually found to be symptomatic, such as thinning hair or dry brittle hair. There is some evidence that diabetes may result in biotin deficiency. Dr. Richard Scher, a dermatologist believes that although it may not be totally clear, what role biotin may play in hair growth, he does suggest biotin as a supplement for hair and nail support. He believes taking biotin improves the keratin infrastructure ( a basic protein that makes up hair skin and nails). Biotin has many additional benefits including, boosting metabolism, healthy blood sugar levels and increased energy.
Question: Does this really works
- A: Biotin is a B complex vitamin also known as vitamin H, and helps your body's metabolism to process energy and transport carbon dioxide to cells. It is believed that taking biotin does improve the keratin infrastructure (a basic protein that makes up hair, skin and nails). As research emerges on supplementation for hair, skin and nail growth so does the availability of new formulas with added natural ingredients. Bonita V Advanced Formula for Hair Skin and Nails by Essential Source has become the #1 seller for hair, skin and nail growth at seacoast.com. Check out the reviews and see what Seacoasters are saying about Bonita V! http://seacoast.com/p10221-bonita-v-advanced-formula-for-hair-skin-nails
Question: Will Biotin helo reduce post pregnency hair loss?
A: Many new moms experience Postpartum hair loss due to hormonal changes during pregnancy and occurs in around 50% of women. Although shocking for some this condition is not permanent. Usually within 12 months of child birth, hair will recover and grow to it's fullness. According to the American Pregnancy Association (APA) who has just given birth should consume, vitamin E, vitamin C, B vitamins, zinc and Biotin in her diet. The consumption of the Chinese Herb He Shou Wu has also been suggested for Postpartum hair loss. BonitaV Advanced formula for Hair, Skin and Nails may be a great choice, which includes key ingredients along with He Shou Wu for hair growth.