Vitamin D3 5000 IU, 360 softgels
Healthy Origins® Vitamin D3 5,000 is key nutrient manufactured in a highly absorbable liquid softgel form. Vitamin D3 is synthesized in the body from sunlight and only a small amount can be obtained from food. The winter season and most all sunblock products inhibit the body’s ability to produce optimal levels of Vitamin D. As a result, Vitamin D3 supplementation becomes even more necessary to ensure your body receives an adequate supply.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin necessary to help support the growth, development, and maintenance of bones and teeth in both adults and children. It is also required for calcium and phosphorous absorption and utilization. In its active form, vitamin D works with calcium to help control bone formation by helping to regulate calcium levels in the blood.
Vitamin D’s influence on the key biological functions vital to one’s health and well-being mandates that vitamin D no longer be ignored by the health care industry nor by individuals striving to achieve and maintain a greater state of health.
- Ultra Potency
- Helps In Preventing Colds & Flu
- Supports Strong Bones And Teeth
Suggested use: As a dietary supplement, take one (1) softgel daily, preferably with a meal or as directed by your health care professional.
Serving Size: 1 softgel
|Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol)||5000 IU||1250%|
Other ingredients: Pure cold pressed olive oil. Softgels consists of gelatin, glycerin and water.
Contains NO: Sugar, Salt, Starch, Yeast, Wheat, Gluten, Corn, Soy, Barley, Fish, Shellfish, Nuts, Tree Nuts, Egg and Dairy Products. No Preservatives, Artificial Colors and Artificial Flavors.
Distributed or manufactured from Healthy Origins. See more Healthy Origins products.
*Not intended to diagnose or treat diseases or ailments, and is not reviewed by the FDA.Uses & Indications.
- Supports Growth And Development
- Promotes Proper Absorption Of Calcium
- Promotes Healthy Immune System
- Soft Teeth
- High Blood Pressure
- Bone Fracture
Compare to these:
Questions and answers:
Question: What is the source of gelatin in these capsules?
- A: The gelatin in the Vitamin D 5000 IU is derived from Bovine (beef).
Question: How much Vitamin D should I take during the winter months when day light is shortened?
- A: Vitamin D intake plays a vital role in aiding the absorption of calcium to promote healthy bones and teeth. Along with healthy bones and teeth studies are showing the importance of adequate amounts of Vitamin D for fighting disease. Vitamin D is made naturally when the skin is exposed to the sunlight. The Institute of Medicine of the National Academies (IOM) does not suggest increasing sun exposure to meet daily requirements due to the risk of skin cancer. Very few foods in nature contain Vitamin D. Fortified foods provide most of the Vitamin D in the American diet. Almost all of the US milk supply is voluntarily fortified with 100 IU per cup. On the grocery store shelves many food items such as breakfast cereal, orange juice, margarine have added Vitamin D. The Food and Nutrition Board note the tolerable intake level of Vitamin D for Adults over 29 yrs is 40,000 IU per day. Because the amount of Vitamin D a person receives from the sun is inconsistent and increases the risk of skin cancer, supplementing with Vitamin D is often recommended. Healthy Origin Vitamin D3 5000 is made with pure olive and sold at a discount at seacoast.com