Essential Living Oils (60 capsules)
Show me Seacoast Direct prices. Learn more...
Buy 3 - Get free delivery on whole order
Vegan alternative to fish oil supplements
Contains pure, natural plant based sources of GLA, ALA, EPA and DHA. Ingredients are oils from the seeds of Borage, Sunflower, Avocado, Perilla, Flax, Green Tea, Olive and Rice. The cold-pressed extraction process is used to preserve and protect the natural properties of these high quality plant based sources of fatty acids. Vitamin E and important compounds like Campesterol, b-sitosterol, Stigmasterol and Oryzanol, as well as important nutrients and micronutrients are included. Award-winning microbiologist, Dr. Iichiroh Ohhira, formulated this product as a substitute for fish oils some of which are known to contain contaminants such as pesticides, DDT, lindane and PCBs.
Dr. Ohhira’s Eight Sources of Essential Living Oils
- Rice Bran Oil From the plant Oryza sativa. A rich source of oryzanol known for support of hormone balance. Supports healthy cholesterol levels. Believed to be the most potent source of powerful tocotrienols.*
- Borage Seed From the plant Borago officinalis. Supports anti-inflammatory and antithrombotic activities.* Richest plant source of the important regulating fat, GLA.
- Sunflower Seed From the plant Helianthus annuus. Includes Omega-9 and some Omega-6. High in protein, calcium, phosphorus, iron, potassium and Vitamin E.
- Avocado From the plant Persea Americana. Rich in Omega-9 (monounsaturated — a key to the hearthealthy Mediterranean diet), also Omega-6 and Omega-3. High in Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, D and E.
- Perilla Seed From the mint family, Perilla frutescens. High levels of Alpha-linolenic acid (Omega-3) prized for support of heart health and immune function. Richest plant source of ALA.
- Flax Seed From the plant Linum usitatissimum. Source of Omega-3 as well as Omega-6 and Omega-9. Supports overall health and brain function.*
- Green Tea Seed From the tea plant, Camillia sinensis. Supports antioxidant activity and combats stress damage.*
- Olive From the plant Olea Europaea. Rich in Omega-9 (monounsaturated), some Omega-6 and protectivepolyphenols. High in Vitamins A, D, E and K (important to calcium going into bones rather than arteries).
Dr. Ohhira's Essential Living Oils
Serving Size: 1 capsule
|Rice Bran Oil||135.0 mg||†|
|Borage Oil||112.5 mg||†|
|Sunflower Oil||76.5 mg||†|
|Avocado Oil||36.0 mg||†|
|Perilla Oil||36.0 mg||†|
|Flax Oil||18.0 mg||†|
|Green Tea Oil||18.0 mg||†|
|Olive Oil||18.0 mg||†|
|ALA (Linolenic Acid)||300 mg*||†|
|GLA (Linoleic Acid)||75 mg*||†|
Other Ingredients: Omega -3, -6, -9 ratio 4:1:1. Nutritional values may vary slightly due to the natural selection of plant seeds used in different batches.
* ALA, GLA, Vitamin E, antioxidants and micronutrients are naturally occurring constituents.
† Daily Value not established.
Distributed or manufactured from Dr. Ohhira's. See more Dr. Ohhira's products.
*Not intended to diagnose or treat diseases or ailments, and is not reviewed by the FDA.Uses & Indications.
- 100% Vegan
- Fight Off Effects Of Aging
- Protect Brain Function
- Support Healthy Cardiovascular System
- Low Energy Level
- Weakened Immune System
- Cardiovascular Disease
Compare to these:
Questions and answers:
Question: Yes. Is this produced in a safe, non radiation affected environment. After the nuclear disaster in Japan, I am told many products test as being inundated with low level radiation. Green teas, especially from Japan. This product has Green tea. Are the sources for this product from Japan?
Per the manufacturer:
"As of January 30, 2013, Okayama City where Dr. Ohhiraâ€™s manufacturing plant is located, registered the same high safety level that was present before the accident. According to the recent test result, the air dose rate of radioactive substances in Okayama was 0.046 micro Sv/h. The ambient air around Fugi Capsuleâ€™s factory was 0.029 micro Sv/h, and the Kansai International Airport, where we transport our products was 0.043 micro Sv/h.
And as with previous test results, Dr. Ohhiraâ€™s products test completely negative for Iodine and Cesium."