Best Curcumin with Bioperine® 500 mg
Best Curcumin with Bioperine contains a standardized extract of Curcuma longa root, commonly known as "Turmeric". Turmeric is named in ancient Ayurvedic and Chinese herbal texts as a traditional folk remedy. Historically, turmeric was used externally for wounds, and sprains, and internally for digestive health, joint support, enhancement of liver health, and immune wellness. Turmeric is a highly valued herb in cultures and cuisines throughout the world. The active ingredients in Curcuma longa are a group of plant substances called curcuminoids. Collectively known as "curcumin", they have demonstrated potent antioxidant properties in scientific studies.* Curcuminoids benefit joints and other tissues by helping to neutralize free-radicals.*
The numerous beneficial effects attributed to turmeric stem in large measure from the antioxidant properties of curcumin. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals, which are highly unstable molecules that can damage cellular structures through abnormal oxidative reactions. Curcumin is a potent "scavenger" of the superoxide radical, a free radical that initiates potentially harmful oxidative processes such as lipid peroxidation. Through this activity, curcumin has been shown to protect skin cells from the injurious effect of nitroblue tetrazolium, a toxin that generates superoxide radicals. Curcumin also increases survival of cells exposed in vitro to the enzyme hypoxanthine/xanthine oxidase, which stimulates superoxide and hydrogen peroxide production. Curcumin is not toxic to cells, even at high concentrations. "Pure" curcumin has been shown to be less protective that a mixture of curcuminoids, indicating a possible synergism among the curcuminoids. Because free radicals are involved in aging and exert harmful effects on skin, these results suggest curcumin may help slow skin aging.
Several articles and studies have mentioned the health benefits of Curcumin, for example:
ScienceDaily (July 14, 2005) HOUSTON - Curcumin, the pungent yellow spice found in both turmeric and curry powders, blocks a key biological pathway needed for development of melanoma and other cancers, say researchers from The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Supports healthy brain aging and has potent neuroprotective activity
- Supports joint function*
- Protects cells and tissues by fighting free radicals*
Best Curcumin with Bioperine®
Serving Size: 1 capsule
|Turmeric root (Curcuma longa)(Curcumin C3 Complex)Supplying 500 mg total curcuminoids||527 mg|
|Black pepper fruit extract (Piper nigrum)(Bioperine)||3 mg|
Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: rice powder, magnesium stearate (vegetable source), gelatin capsule. Contains Nothing Other Than Listed Ingredients.
Suggested Use: Adult: Take 1 to 3 capsules daily with food.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Warnings : Not suitable for vegetarians.
Distributed or manufactured from Doctor's Best. See more Doctor's Best products.
*Not intended to diagnose or treat diseases or ailments, and is not reviewed by the FDA.Uses & Indications.
- Prevent Disease
- Protect Vital Organs From Free Radical Damage
- Swelling And Inflammation
- Affects Of Aging On Vital Organs
Compare to these:
Questions and answers:
Question: ls this fda approved?
Each of Dr.’s Best products is accompanied by an annotated "Fact Sheet" with detailed background information, structure-function statements, and scientific references that substantiate these statements. All structure-function statements have been filed with FDA in accordance with DSHEA regulations.
Question: Can you confirm that these are not just Turmeric capsules? Is the capsule purely curcumin that has been extracted from the turmeric with added bioperine?
- A: Dr's Best Curcumin C3 Complex contains a standardized extract of turmeric and supplies 95% total curcumanoids. Sometimes the words "turmeric" and "curcumin" are mutually used and are often confusing. The Technical difference between the two is turmeric is the yellowish powder to flavor foods, while curcumin is the chemical contained in the turmeric. Generally many turmeric products contain less than 5% curcumin the active ingredient. Whether the product name is turmeric or curcumin you want to check the label for a concentration of at least 90% total curcumanoids. This concentration allows for optimal absorption resulting in optimal health benefits. Bioperine has been added to enhance absorption, as curcumin can be difficult for the body to absorb.
Question: What is the size of each capsule?
- A: Best Curcumin with Bioperine comes in the form of 500mg capsules.
Question: would this product knock back blood cancer cells, multiple myeloma plus prostate cancer, psa is 0.80 and what would 2 of these cost in nz to be sent here. thank you
- A: Studies show that Curcumin contains potent antioxidants that may be beneficial in neutralizing free radicals. Studies also indicate that Curcumin may help protect vital organs and help to prevent disease because of these potent antioxidants.